Skip to content ↓

Safeguarding Support for Parents and Carers

If you feel that a child is in immediate danger, call the police on 999. You can report concerns to the police on their non-emergency number, 101.

Concerns can be reported to the school in the following ways

  • By phone on 0208 841 7176 and ask to speak to a member of the safeguarding team
  • Face to face, just ask to speak with a member of the team.
  • In writing, address any concerns to the safeguarding team.

At The Willows, we can also offer support to help parents/carers safeguard children in their care. Please contact the school office who can connect you with the Safeguarding Team or family Liaison worker.

What is Safeguarding and why is it a requirement?

The government tell us that: Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play. Schools even have special teams whose job it is to help keep you safe and to make sure that all adults at school are keeping you safe too. You can speak to any adult or ask at any time to speak with one of the safeguarding team.

It is important that you know that if someone is unsafe we have a responsibility to share any information you tell us with other people like the police or social workers, but only, if we need to to keep someone safe. We will never tell anyone who does not need to know. We understand that having other people involved may be a scary idea but everyone who is involved in safeguarding will put safety first and we will continue to support you in any way we can.

There are other people outside of school who can help too. There are charities and organisations that you can contact for help, advice and support. There is also information online about how to keep safe. You can use the links on this page to see some of this support and information. If you would just like some help finding the right information and do not feel able to tell us anything about why that is ok, we are here to help. Remember we will only share information when we have to and we will always let you know if that is what we are going to do.

If someone you know is in immediate danger and emergency help is needed right away  you can call the police on 999.