Safeguarding At the Willows
What do we mean by the term Safeguarding?
Safeguarding children is defined as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
At The Willows, we provide a child centred and coordinated approach to safeguarding in adherence to government guidance.
“Schools, colleges, and their staff are an important part of the wider safeguarding system for children. This system is described in the statutory guidance: Working Together to Safeguard Children.
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a role to play.”
KCSiE September 2022
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with their parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
Our pupils are important to us. Please let us know if you have any concerns about a child, even if you are unsure, we would be happy to hear from you.
Please contact our safeguarding team at:
0208 841 7176
Our Safeguarding Team
Reporting a Concern about a Child
Concerns can be reported to the school in the following ways:
- By phone on 0208 841 7176 and ask to speak to a member of the safeguarding team
- Face to face, just ask to speak with a member of the team.
- In writing, address any concerns to the safeguarding team.
To report your concerns when school is closed please see our section on the Reporting Concerns outside of school hours.
If you feel a child is in immediate danger then call the Police emergency number 999.