Leading Parent Partnership Award
At The Willows we are working hard towards achieving the Leading Parent Partnership Award. It is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who work very closely with parents, families and their children.
During this process we hope to provide opportunities for parents to have a voice in everyday school life and to build on the many strengths the school already has with them.
Work to achieve this award started in September 2020 and hope to achieve the accreditation during academic year 2021/2022.
The LPPA consists of ten evidence-based Objectives which schools must meet to get the award.
- The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
- The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
- The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
- The school provides good induction for all new parents.
- The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
- The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school-links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
- The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
- The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
What difference will the award make to the work done with families at The Willows School Academy Trust?
It will make our work with families even better. It will improve our communication and build more activities for families in school. As you know we are always trying to improve and completing this award will help us do that!
How can families help us gain the award?
• Read all information that we send out
• Come along to events we organize if you are able
• Complete any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can
There is a LPPA working party who will meet regularly to work on their action plan and gather the evidence needed to gain the award.
We will keep you up-to-date of our progress!
Thank you for your support!
If you have any questions you can contact Debbie Downie on the school office number: 0208 841 7176 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org